Sales Account Manager - Energy
Posted on: January 27, 2019
It starts with great chemistry.
Employer is more than a distribution company were a leading, global partner dedicated to improving quality of life for our customers through the products, expertise, and relationships that serve the worlds most essential industries. Founded in 1924, with global headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, Employer generated $8+ billion in sales in 2016 securing the #1 market position in North America and the #2 market position in Europe.
Creating great chemistry is not just about the innovative products and services we safely deliver to customers around the world. It also takes people people like you and today, our worldwide team of more than 8,000 employees is helping build a company where the best people want to work. If youre looking for an experience where your actions will make a positive difference every day, youve come to the right place.
Employer is a global chemical and ingredient distributor, and value-added service provider. We provide customers with a one-stop-shop solution for their complete chemical needs. Our suite of distribution services enables us to serve our customers everywhere, every day, so that they have the products they need, when they need them. By providing a fully-integrated solution, we make it easier for customers to consolidate chemical purchasing with us.
We invite you to apply to become a Sales Account Manager in our Energy business based in Farmington.
As a Sales Account Manager, you will:
- Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance Employer USAs position within each corporate account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account.
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory.
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline.
- Grow size of territory in accordance with Employer targets.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
- Coordinate with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Employer USA employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Serve as initial contact for international chemical distribution opportunities.
- Build effective customer relationships through business calls and effective customer interaction.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues.
Qualifications required for consideration:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales position with a proven track record of success
- Bachelors degree (Technical Science, Chemistry, or Engineering preferred but not required)
- Experience with technical, industrial manufacturing, distribution, or chemical industry sales a plus
- Experience in the Energy industry with upstream, midstream and/or downstream segments preferred
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts
- Demonstrated experience as both an effective leader and team player
- Demonstrated competitive drive for results and a growth mindset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively in order to achieve goals
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Employer to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous vacation and sick leave and much more.
Keywords: Univar, Farmington , Sales Account Manager - Energy, Sales , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!