Roaming Scale Operator- Four Corners Materials - Farmington, NM
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: March 10, 2023
Job ID: 479928Four Corners Materials, a CRH company, is a member
of the CRH West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future and
formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and
development of our employees. We strive to be the preferred source
of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete,
asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by
embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service,
sustainability, and financial strength.Position OverviewThis
position requires the employee to perform a wide variety of field
office support functions including, but not limited to, the
following: weighing and ticketing trucks, preparing daily load
summaries, managing inventory, accepting payment, basic typing and
word processing, filing, answering calls, light bookkeeping,
courier duties, customer relations, etc.Wage Range: $14 to $16 per
hour, based on experienceKey Responsibilities (Essential Duties and
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Keep time and material records.
- Knowledge of aggregate sizes and classifications.
- Knowledge of weight requirements of loads leaving the pit.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Strict adherence to company policy regarding inventory and
- Travel from interstate highway to rural dirt roads from various
- Assist with other duties as necessary.QualificationsTo perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disability to perform the essential functions.Education/Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook) is necessary.
- Previous work within the construction industry is
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability
to effectively present information in one on one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ration, percent, land to draw and
interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to work well with others in a group or one on one
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able
to type and use keyboards accurately and have a strong working
knowledge of Database software.
- Excellent customer service skillsKey Competencies
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal
with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed; able to
consistently work independently.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance.Physical RequirementsThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb,
and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach
with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 50 lbs. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work
EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Office SettingWhat CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud
heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a
proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and
regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together
form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH is a
great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we
invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete
your online application and profile which will be sent directly to
the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the
CRH family!Four Corners Materials is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability If you want to know
more, please click on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Farmington , Roaming Scale Operator- Four Corners Materials - Farmington, NM, Other , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...