Physical Therapist/Day Shift - Located in Farmington, NM
Company: SJRMC Hospital
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Relocation aid to Farmington, NM available
Love what you do; Love where you live
Physical Therapists are dynamic, fun, patient focused professionals
who use their knowledge, skills and energy to
carry out the sacred task of helping others to improve their
ability to function – thereby bettering lives.
- NM State License as a Physical Therapist
- Sufficient previous experience to perform duties
- Physical demands – refer to “Rehab Department Physical
- BLS CPR
- If Therapist’s routine work schedule is 50% or greater at
SJRRH, then current FIM Scoring Competency is preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpretation of referrals & orders to check for
appropriateness, indications and contraindications
- Initial evaluations/ Discharge summaries/ Re-evaluations/
- Are performed & documented in timely manner , may include
but are not limited to:
- Medical diagnosis, medical history, objective
physical/cognitive findings, measurable / functional/
- based patient goals, treatment plan, discharge plan, education
and communication as indicated.
- Determination of which tasks require the expertise and
decision making capacity of the P.T. and must be
- personally rendered by the P.T. and which tasks may be
- Delegation and instruction of the services to be rendered
by the supportive personnel, including but not limited to
- specific treatment program with patient goals / plan,
precautions, special problems or contraindicated procedures..
- Education and instruction as indicated, including, but
not limited to: patient, family, other staff, follow up
- Transportation of patients as needed.
- Maintain, gather, clean ,set up all equipment per
- Daily record Keeping, including (but not limited to)
evaluations, daily treatment notes, discharge notes and daily
- charges, all communication/education provided (per facility /
- Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC’s
Service Standards into their daily work.
Safety Courtesy Effectiveness Stewardship
Physical Demands and Environmental Work
- SUMMARY: ALL Rehab Department jobs may place heavy physical
demands on the employee. The amount of time that the employee is
exposed to these demands will fluctuate, as there are
uncontrollable variables inherent in healthcare: patient’s height
and weight, patient’s level of cooperation and strength, specific
clinical needs, etc.
- All Rehab Department jobs may require lifting / pushing /
pulling varying weights, may exceed 200#s.
- Activities may include intermittent or prolonged:
standing, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, using the hands
- finger and feel, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, crawling, reaching with arms, and smelling.
- Repetitive motions may also be required, such as: wrist /
hand movements, grasping, and finger dexterity (as in
- typing, writing, faxing, filing papers, etc.)
- The job requires exposure to the following environmental
conditions: wet, humid conditions (not the weather),
working near moving or mechanical parts, fumes or airborne
particles, risk of electrical shock, risk of vibration. The
noise level will vary from very quiet to very loud
- The employee will need to be able to hear:
- alarms on equipment / fire alarms / overhead
- patients / families verbal discussions
- instructions / feedback from other healthcare
- The employee will need to be able to:
- See and focus on close-up and distant objects
- Distinguish colors
- Have intact: peripheral vision and depth perception
Keywords: SJRMC Hospital, Farmington , Physical Therapist/Day Shift - Located in Farmington, NM, Other , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!