Dietary Manager - Located in Farmington, NM
Company: SJRMC Hospital
Posted on: September 6, 2021
Relocation aid to Farmington, NM available
Love what you do; Love where you live
The Manager of Dietary serves as the steward of Food and Nutrition
Resources and coordinates with staff throughout the organization;
to provide quality food service to patients, visitors, and staff to
promote the nutritional well-being of all.
- Registered, Licensed Dietitian
- Must have Food Protection Manager certification issued by
accredited provider by 1st day worked. (https://www.env.nm.gov/fod/Food_Program/Regulation_Update.htm)
- Prior food service management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Manage multiple projects
- Ability to instruct and coach staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Business computer program knowledge
- Prior healthcare experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffing: Assess/recommend FTE requirements based on
scope of services, workload and work processes. Write and update
job descriptions as needed. Consult with supervisors regarding
selection of staff.
- Budget and benchmarking: Participate in annual budgeting
process with financial services. Supervise all operations of
department to maintain budget. Meet organizational goals of
- Policies and procedures: Write policies and procedures
as needed. Review and send for approval as required.
- Regulations of all oversight and governing entities:
Assign responsibility for and review adherence to regulations.
- Menus: Assign and participate prn in planning patient,
café and catering menus to provide variety and affordable options
to customers. Collaborate with supervisory staff regarding recipes.
Collaborate with Registered Dietitians regarding nutrient analysis
of patient menus.
- Delivery of food to patients/customers: Assign
responsibility for and review adherence to set protocol.
- Customer service: Provide guidance regarding customer
service expectations. Work with employees to meet standards.
- Quality control and improvement projects: Assign
responsibility for and review adherence to quality assurance
standards. Develop and implement quality and process improvement
- Clinical operations: Hire licensed staff. Ensure
competence of clinical staff. Order and review diet manual per
- Healthstream: All annual Healthstream modules 100%
- Each employee is responsible for implementing SJRMC’s Service
Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
- Other duties as assigned: Demonstrates willingness and
follows through with other duties requested.
Physical Demands and Environmental Work Conditions:
- Extended sitting
- Extended walking
Keywords: SJRMC Hospital, Farmington , Dietary Manager - Located in Farmington, NM, Other , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!