Community Support Worker - adults
Company: Presbyterian Medical Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under supervision, this position provides Comprehensive
Community Support Services (CCSS) for adults with significant
behavioral health disorders and their families, to improve quality
of life and maintain the highest possible ability to function
independently within the community.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
plus three years experience working with the target population; or
AA degree in a human service field plus two years experience
working with the target population; or a related Bachelor's degree
plus one year relevant experience working with the target
population. Related college degrees include Psychology, Sociology,
Social Work, Criminal Justice, Family Studies, Special Education
and Human Services.
Target population is defined as adults with one of the
- Severe Mental Illness (SMI);
- Chronic Substance Dependence; or
- Co-occurring disorder (mental illness/substance abuse) and/or
dually diagnosed with a primary diagnosis of mental illness.
- Certification as a Peer or Family Specialist can substitute for
one year of related work experience.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) or (English / Navajo)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications
within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements
listed in the document "BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training
Resources" posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep
your certifications current at all times.
This position requires successful completion of an initial
post-offer of employment:
- According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, "Healthcare
Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements," this position must
comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and
immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap,
MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee's PMS health
center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set
by the CDC and NMDOH.
- Criminal Records Check.
- May be required to use personal transportation to carry out job
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Must provide a current motor vehicle record.
- Must provide current personal owner liability automobile
insurance and must maintain the insurance coverage throughout the
course of employment in this position.
- Must submit to a motor vehicle record check on an as needed
basis and maintain a satisfactory driving record that is within the
limitations of PMS Human Resources Policy II.D.3, Automobile Usage,
and applicable state and federal laws.
- Must comply with PMS Policies on Automobile Usage, II.D.3, Drug
Free Workplace, III.H and applicable state and federal laws.
- May be required to complete transportation related
Keywords: Presbyterian Medical Services, Farmington , Community Support Worker - adults, Other , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!