Posted on: May 31, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
About this role
Our Administrative Assistant is responsible to the
H.S.A./Department Head for the completion of various office
clerical assignments. Coordinates personnel and medical reports and
files, interrelates and works effectively with all levels of
What you bring to the table
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Computer skills with an emphasis on spreadsheets and word
- Formal secretarial training and medical terminology knowledge
What you will do
- Receive and direct all incoming calls on a multi extension
telephone. Assure messages are accurately relayed to staff when
they are away from the office. Bring messages to the appropriate
- Receive and distribute incoming mail following procedures
- Assure outgoing mail is distributed appropriately on daily
- Receive and distribute claims.
- Respond to and provide follow-up for Provider/Vendor inquiries
- Fax approvals/denials for Formulary Exceptions/Outpatient
Referrals to appropriate destinations as requested. Assure faxes
- Assure expense reports from the facilities contain the
appropriate documentation. Forward to the Corporate office once
approval is obtained from the Executive Vice President or
- Order and receive office supplies following Accounts Payable
Guidelines. All Purchase Orders are to be approved by the Executive
- Maintain a filing system. Make necessary updates to files, and
modify filing system to accommodate changes in the conduct of the
business affairs of the office.
- Maintain credentialing log.
- Receive all site meeting minutes and forward copies as
- Prepare Continuing Education Unit(s) certificates as directed
and maintain CEU training binder for all employees.
- Perform overflow typing as needed.
- Open to all Staff for completion of various clerical
assignments to assure continuity of services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Our investment in you
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance plan options
- Time off & leave benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental benefits
- Perks and discounts
- And more available here
Keywords: Wellpath, Farmington , Administrative Assistant, Other , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!