Company: Core & Main
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Responsible for the day-to-day management
of people and processes necessary to support the Operations
function. Responsibilities include overseeing payables, freight and
expense procurement, maintenance, data management, audit and
recovery, data entry and various operations support. May also be
involved in the ongoing analysis and planning for operational
audits, Sarbanes Oxley audits, acquisition integrations, and any
other operational compliance reviews. May provide coordination
between Financial, Operational, and Systems reviews for the group
to provide economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of total
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Facilitates and drives process development, training programs
and procedural efficiencies, including the development of processes
and the oversight of procedural implementation. Oversee the
continual review and refinement of operational processes and
procedures. Develop, implement, and monitor Standard Operating
Policies and Procedures.
- Identifies and analyzes issues directly impacting operational
areas, including pricing, inventory, receiving and freight. Creates
metrics from reports to measure operational issues and communicate
findings to management. Prepares, analyzes and distributes
- Develops training materials and conducts training on
administrative functions. Creates reference manuals, job aids, and
web-based training sessions.
- Facilitates cross-functional communication with other areas of
the business including but not limited to Finance, Merchandising,
Operations, Logistics, HR and IT.
- Leads, plans and coordinates work teams in an efficient manner
to effectively perform operational audits of functions and
activities. Utilizes metrics to track performance and manage
workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are
compliant and consistent with established policies.
- May manage the Six Sigma/Process Excellence initiative.
- May assist with acquisition integrations and system conversions
to ensure operational excellence and internal/external
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the
- Must be a
minimum of 18 years of age or older
- Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline. Generally 7+
years experience in related field. May require certification.
Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
- Experience analyzing continuous quality improvement needs and
opportunities and implementing responsive strategies and
Core & Main
St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn
Keywords: Core & Main, Farmington , Manager, Operations, Other , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!