Utility Worker - Container
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: March 21, 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. JOB SUMMARY
Washes, repairs and/or performs limited painting duties in an
effort to clean, cover and/or protect interior or exterior surfaces
of containers. Performs minor repairs, such as axle
repair/replacement, on assigned containers. Responsible for the
movement of containers within the yard, the loading and unloading
of new and used containers, and monitoring the container
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
* Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor
regarding minor painting and/or completing minor repairs on
* Performs minor container repairs, such as axle
* Washes container interior or exteriors as needed.
* Moves containers in the yard.
* Loads and unloads both new and used containers from trucks.
* Performs minor painting duties.
* Responsible for monitoring the site s container inventory.
* Performs general duties and responsibilities as required.
III. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
* Required: High school diploma or G.E.D, and zero to four years
* Preferred: High school diploma or G.E.D, plus additional or
specialized training, and zero to four years previous
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
* None required.
V. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as
keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds rarely;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
* Normal setting for this job is: container shop/outdoors.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click \\"Apply.
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Farmington , Utility Worker - Container, Other , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!