Rad Tech - Radiology Job in Farmington, NM
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: October 10, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTSRadiologic Technologist (Rad Tech) Travel
JobRadiological Technologists operate X-ray and fluoroscopic
equipment to assist radiologists and physicians with diagnosing and
treating diseases and injuries. As a Radiologic Technologist, or
Radiographer, you will be supervised by a board-certified
radiologist but afforded a great amount of independence and
responsibility. In this position, you will also act as the primary
liaison between patients, radiologists, and other members of the
support team.Radiologic Technologist Rad Tech Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and
adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and
milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of
- Rad Tech reviews and evaluates developed x-rays, video tape, or
computer-generated information to determine if images are
satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply
with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and
- Radiographer takes X-rays of patients' chest, limbs, or other
parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and
other special studies.
- Monitors patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal
signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation
- Radiology Technologist keys commands and data into computer to
document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers,
or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate
- Radiological Technician develops, fixes, washes, and dries
exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records,
daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- Rad Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to
assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and
- Radiographer cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to
radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for
equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or
injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical
comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Rad Tech uses professional and ethical judgment and critical
thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving
problems of moderate complexity and importance.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral
bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a
nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILSLocated in Farmington, NM, this 194 bed level III
trauma center serves the four corners region of New Mexico,
Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. The medical center serves as a general
and surgical hospital and offers patients compassionate and
complete care each and every day. Staffing over 140 doctors and
400+ nurses, this facility has the ability to take on large amounts
of emergency room patients each year. The medical center is
recognized by the surrounding community for its extensive range of
healthcare services provide which include diabetes care, internal
medicine, an ICU, a spine center, pediatrics, orthopedics,
neurology, a cancer center, etc. With updated technologies and a
wide range of medical services under one roof, the facility is able
to take on almost any patient that needs help. This patient
oriented care is something that the facility prioritizes and will
continue to focus on in years to come.
Farmington, NM offers a wonderful array of southwestern arts and
entertainment, from historic trading posts to theater under the
stars. Check out one of the top rated public golf courses in the
country, Pinon Hills or shop one of the regions retail hubs.
Farmington is the largest city in the Four Corners area. The Four
Corners is the point where the states of Arizona, Colorado, New
Mexico and Utah meet; it is the only spot in the nation where you
can stand in four states at once! With world-class fishing,
fantastic mountain biking, amazing ancient Indian Ruins and
beautiful Navajo Lake State Park there is something for everyone to
enjoy in Farmington!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one
person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our
rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that
Do you remember why you became a Rad Tech, at GIFTED? We
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Farmington , Rad Tech - Radiology Job in Farmington, NM, Healthcare , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!