Staff Speech-Language Pathologist ($8,000 Sign On Bonus)
Company: Cantex Continuing Care Network
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We
are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values
the contributions of all people. Cedar Ridge Inn is a 91-bed
facility that represents the next generation in transitional,
short-term care offering around-the-clock clinical support complete
with a comprehensive rehabilitation program. We are currently
seeking a full-time or part-time Speech Language Pathologist for
our in-house rehabilitation program! We are offering a $8000 sign
on bonus for full-time! ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Screens, evaluates, and treats Patients.
- Evaluates Patient within one working days of physician
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation using appropriate
evaluation and assessment tools and procedures.
- Reviews patient records for current diagnoses, past medical
history, precautions and contraindications.
- Establishes measurable goals and develops treatment plan to
move the patient toward his or her maximum level of independence
- Supervises CFYs, Speech Interns and Rehab Techs in direct
Patient care and Patient-related activities in accordance with
state practice act.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings and treatment
program to patients, family, and other team members.
- Collaborates and supports plan of care as determined by the
physician and healthcare team; treats patients accordingly as
approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the
patient as necessary and makes adjustments.
- Maintains patient records that reflect patient treatment:
(Evaluation, daily treatment record, physician update, patient care
plan updates, discharge summaries, telephone orders, billing)
- Communicates with supervisor and other health team members
regarding Patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates as necessary in Patient care conferences and
weekly rehabilitation and Care Coordination meetings
- Participates in in-service training programs.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted
regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Completes all documentation per timeline outlined in department
policy and as required to optimize patient care and flow. Maintains
supervisory oversight for documentation completed by Clinical
- Records daily treatments and labor per department and company
- Establishes and instructs caregivers in Patient specific
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Acts as a clinical preceptor for affiliating Speech-Language
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they
apply to the practice of Speech-Language Pathology.
- Responsible for assuring patient safety.
- Travels between facilities or other treatment locations as
necessary to assist with patient treatment. Variable and rotation
work shifts are required.
- Meets established productivity targets.
- Adheres to the Cantex Code of Conduct. QUALIFICATIONS: Physical
and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical
Devices): Mobility (includes walking, good balance), reaching,
bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, ability to see
and hear, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with
Patients, family members, personnel, and ability to remain calm
under stress. 1. Certificate of Clinical Competence from the
American Speech, Language and Hearing Association. 2. A
Speech-Language Pathologist completing Clinical Fellowship (CF)
with appropriate supervision from a certified and licensed S.L.P.
3. Current state license in the state of practice. 4. Must be able
to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. 5. Must
possess problem-solving skills of the type and at a level necessary
to accomplish the job. 6. Must possess good communication skills
and be able to relate professionally and positively to Patients,
Patient's family members, and Facility staff 7. Must meet all local
health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass
post-employment physical exam if required. 8. Must be capable of
performing the Responsibilities of this job, with or without
reasonable accommodations. We are an Equal opportunity employer; We
offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU
reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and
supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive
Keywords: Cantex Continuing Care Network, Farmington , Staff Speech-Language Pathologist ($8,000 Sign On Bonus), Healthcare , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!