Registered Nurse (RN) Infection Preventionist Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Life Care Center of Farmington
Posted on: June 20, 2022
The RN Infection Preventionist evaluates the quality of resident
care and outcomes as they relate to Healthcare Acquired Infections
(HAI) and Community Acquired Infections (CAI) in accordance with
all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Collects, prepares, and analyzes HAI data. Presents infection data
and makes recommendations for actions. Monitors associate
compliance with infection control standards through use of barriers
and infection prevention measures. Prepares and presents education
for the staff, residents, and families. Serves as a resource to all
departments and personnel.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's degree in
- Currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must
maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing
- CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR
certification must remain current during employment.
- Completed an approved Infection Preventionist Certification
course (e.g., CIC, CBIC, IP-BC, IPCA, CDC).
- Prior experience with geriatrics preferred.
- Applicable certifications or training per State requirements
(e.g., Certified TB Nurse).Specific Job Requirements:
- Serves as designated associate responsible for monitoring
Public Health Advisories from local, state, and federal agencies
including the CDC
- Serves as the on-site IPC for COVID-19 prevention and response
activities, in accordance with current CDC recommendations
- Maintains a current knowledge of infection control trends,
methodologies, and employee health practices
- Performs work within the scope of his/her license
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such
- Knowledgeable of Infection Prevention and Control practices and
procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines
governing nursing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives,
policies, and procedures of the Infection Prevention and Control
- Perform proficiently in all applicable competency areas
- Maintains professional working relationships with all
associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or
- Understand and follow company policies including harassment and
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life
Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and
other appropriate compliance trainingAn Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Life Care Center of Farmington, Farmington , Registered Nurse (RN) Infection Preventionist Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus, Healthcare , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!