Occupational Therapist (OT) - $5,000.00 Sign On Bonus Available
Company: PowerBack Rehabilitation
Posted on: June 20, 2022
$5,000 Retention Bonus for Full Time !!! - Powerback is a new
way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and
wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an
empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing
integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to
rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which
is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyone -and
helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care
that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better,
breathing better, and living better.
POSITION SUMMARY : The Occupational Therapist organizes and
conducts occupational therapy programs for the agency to facilitate
rehabilitation. In addition, they direct patient participation in
selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. The
Occupational Therapist facilitates the learning of those skills and
functions essential for adaptation and productivity, in order to
diminish or correct pathology.
1. As necessary or applicable, supervision of Occupational Therapy
Assistants, temporary licensees, students and support personnel in
accordance with state licensure requirements and professional
2. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab
services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and
patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
3. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other related meetings.
4. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
5. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select
the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs
and capabilities of each patient.
6. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of
7. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of fire
and safety hazards.
8. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
9. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment as necessary.
10. Puts patient service first: ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
11. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history,
systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures,
synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order
to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the
predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it,
identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care.
Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration
with the patient and caregivers, implements the occupational
therapy treatment plan, and completes all related documentation and
record keeping regarding these services. Services include but are
not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas such
*sitting and standing tolerance
*activities of daily living
*physical agent modalities 12. Designs, fabricates, fits and/or
applies adaptive devices, and trains patients in the use of
adaptive devices including orthotics and prosthetics.
13. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's
physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
14. Instructs patients in the skills and techniques required for
participation in functional activities and evaluates patient
progress, attitudes, and behavior as related to rehabilitative
15. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to
modify/progress plan of treatment.
16. Performs other related duties as required. OTH1
PandoLogic. Keywords: Occupational Therapist (OT), Location:
Farmington, NM - 87401
Keywords: PowerBack Rehabilitation, Farmington , Occupational Therapist (OT) - $5,000.00 Sign On Bonus Available, Healthcare , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!