Mental Health Assistant - Joint Intervention Program
Company: Presbyterian Medical Services
Posted on: May 2, 2021
Under direct supervision, this position provides client
supervision at the Totah Behavioral Health Joint Intervention
Program; assists in the maintenance of a safe, secure environment
that enhances treatment and/or educational effectiveness, as
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years' experience working with clients with Severe Mental
Illness (SMI); Moderate or severe Substance Use Disorder (SUD); or
Co-occurring disorder (mental illness/Substance Use Disorder)and/or
mental illness/developmental disability with a primary diagnosis of
mental illness; OR
- Two years of post-secondary education in a human services
related field; OR
- A minimum of 40 hours of documented training including the 20
hours of pre-service training and 20 additional hours including the
following topics, to be completed within 90 days of employment:
o Basic communications and problem solving;
o Ethnic and cultural considerations related to the clients
o Addiction and Brain Function;
o Trauma-Informed Care; and
o Addressing Shame and Humiliation from a Human Dignity
Staff who meet the two years of education or experience requirement
must take 20 hours of pre-service training. Staff who do not meet
the two year requirement must take 20 hours of pre-service plus 20
hours of in-service.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Have or be able to obtain First Aid and BLS/CPR certifications
within 30 days of hire. Certifications must meet the requirements
listed in the document "BLS / CPR / ACLS & First Aid Training
Resources" posted on Staurolite. It is your responsibility to keep
your certifications current at all times.
- According to PMS Human Resources Policy 205.006, "Healthcare
Personnel Testing & Immunization Requirements," this position must
comply with required testing and immunizations. Testing and
immunizations including TB, Hepatitis B (consent or waiver), Tdap,
MMR, and Varicella, will be available at the employee's PMS health
center. Influenza vaccines will be required according to dates set
by the CDC and NMDOH.
This position requires successful completion of an initial
post-offer of employment:
- Criminal Records Check.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License.
- Must provide a current motor vehicle record.
- Must submit to a motor vehicle record check on an as needed
basis and must maintain a satisfactory driving record that is
within the limitations of PMS Human Resources Policy II.D.3,
Automobile Usage, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Must comply with PMS Policies on Automobile Usage, II.D.3, Drug
Free Workplace, III.H and applicable state and federal
- May be required to complete transportation related
Keywords: Presbyterian Medical Services, Farmington , Mental Health Assistant - Joint Intervention Program, Healthcare , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!