AutoGlass Technician Trainee
Company: Safelite Auto Glass
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Does this position interest you? You should apply - even if you
don't match every single requirement! We're known as an auto glass
company. That's the focus of what we do. But beyond the glass,
we're so much more. We'll help you build a fulfilling career and
encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever
work.Do you like to be challenged? Have natural mechanical ability?
Work independently, but also as part of a team with opportunities
for growth and advancement?Join Safelite as an Auto Glass
Technician Trainee - the first step in becoming a certified auto
glass technician on a nationally recognized team of expert
installers! We'll train you to install and repair auto glass,
recalibrate car safety systems and provide service so great, it's
memorable. And you'll get paid to learn it all!We're more than just
a glass company. We empower our associates with the support they
need to be efficient, to problem-solve and have an eye for detail,
and most importantly, to deliver quality service and bring a little
unexpected happiness to people's lives.This isn't your typical desk
job! You'll be outdoors, working with your hands, and yes, that
means working in an ever-changing environment with all sorts of
weather conditions.It's time to start that new career you've been
thinking about. Invest in yourself and learn more about our 3-month
paid training program. Once on the job, your pay is evaluated every
six months to ensure you're rewarded for outstanding performance!As
a Technician Trainee you will:
- Be paid to learn and apprentice the Safelite way, through
hands-on and classroom training, including:
- Installing and repairing auto glass
- Recalibrating automotive safety systems
- Providing additional services & products
- Study and pass testing to become a Safelite-certified
Technician showing proficiency in installations, embracing a
positive attitude and following taught techniques.
- Safely operate a company vehicle and company-issued tools
utilized throughout the workday.What you'll get:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $16.50/hour, increasing to
$17.75/hour after training and certification.
- Earn $5/set of wiper blades when added for customer
- Potential to be promoted in your first year! Earn up to
$21.25/hour as a Senior Tech & up to $24.25/hour as a Master Tech.
Technician career levels determined based on performance metrics
demonstrating efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. Includes 401(k)
plan with company matching, medical plans, paid time off, holidays
& volunteer days.
- Program to buy additional PTO or sell unused time up to 16
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
- View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at .What you'll
need: (Not sure if you meet all the requirements? We encourage you
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver's license required
- Comfortable working outside (in a wide variety of weather
conditions) on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to work scheduled days, with flexibility on start and
end times to accommodate customer's needs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds for short periods and
on occasion at elevated heights
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent preferred; ability to read &
write--Internal Associates: Already a member of the Safelite team?
Apply through your Workday account by searching 'Find Open
Jobs'.Diversity: Safelite welcomes everyone. We value our diverse
workforce and suppliers, and we're proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. Learn more at Safelite.com/Careers. Benefit amounts are
estimates only. Actual values will depend on benefit elections
Keywords: Safelite Auto Glass, Farmington , AutoGlass Technician Trainee, Engineering , Farmington, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!